Position Summary We are currently seeking a research associate who has experience in animal behavioral training and in vivo neurophysiological recordings. The successful candidate will join the research group of Prof. Xinying Cai (https://shanghai.nyu.edu/research/brain/faculty/xinying-cai) at New York University Shanghai (http://shanghai.nyu.edu/). Please visit our website at http://shanghai.nyu.edu/about/work/staff-positions for instructions and other information on how to apply. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should submit a CV and any other supporting materials that are relevant to the skills.
The primary duties of this position are the pursuit of scientific inquiry such as plan and implement of experiments, analyzing behavioral and neurophysiological data using quantitative and statistical methods. Further responsibilities are to provide technical assistance to postdocs and graduate students in the group.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Psychology, Biomedical engineering or other Biological Sciences.
• Experience working with laboratory animals is required. Skills and knowledge working with non-human primates are preferred.
• Experience in laboratory organizational management that includes data collection and research project workflow with strong attention to details.
• Good working knowledge of English.
• Experience with Matlab programming is preferred.